Watch for the Election e-mail with instructions for voting.
Here are your candidates for the 5 Board Member positions...
Elections will be held Wednesday, February 8th and Thursday, February 9th

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Please Meet... Natalie Moffitt!


Natalie Moffitt (1L)
Hubby: Jonathan Moffitt
Seattle, WA
Married for 4.5 years
2 Daughters: Arianna (2.5) & Brooklyn (born any day now)
Graduated from the University of Washington with BA (Business Adminstration: Concentrations in Finance & Tech. Info Mgmt)

We wives come to Regent to support our husbands in this important investment in their lives and callings. It is a special time when we have dedicated our entire families to this adventure. But, the Law Wives Organization reminds us that this time is a purposeful time for us as individuals as well. We are here to support our husbands and families, but we are also here to spiritually grow. This adventure is a crucial part for each one of our spiritual walks. Law Wives is about supporting each other in that spiritual growth, while, also, helping each other in practical manners. We are sisters and Law Wives fosters that family relationship. The sisterly support is how Law Wives has blessed me the most.

My favorite "event" Law Wives puts on are the bible studies. Plugging into a bible study enables us to quickly deepen our relationships and encourage each other in a much deeper way. I have been especially encouraged by the study of Song of Songs and would love to see more studies focused on studying scripture directly from God's Word.

As a member of the board, if elected, I would like to see more external outreach. We are so blessed within our community and I see opportunity to lose sight of how richly we are blessed, because the blessings are so rich and can be expected. The best way to remain sensitive to the fullness of God's gifts is to give back in any way we can. We may be short on funds, but we can donate time as a group and have fun while serving God together.

I have served in many different positions - church leadership, mission trip member, nursery volunteer, etc
I have a degree concentrating in Finance which would be a help to the board's budget.
I have a heart and calling to defend and support the family structure, support marriages, encourage and mentor moms in all types of circumstances

I desire to be on the board to give back to an incredible organization that has truly blessed my family and me. I love the women here and greatly look forward to meeting those to come. I have found mentors in this group, for whom I am so grateful. I would love to mentor others in my personal time and by being on the board.

Please do not vote for me as a friend, but if it is a step of obedience. Please, please pray about your vote before making a decision. If I am elected I want it to be God's Will, not due to a number of friendships. Thanks!

1 comment:

JCS said...

So encouraging, Natalie! I would love to see more outreach too. Thank you for articulating so well how and why you want to serve!