Watch for the Election e-mail with instructions for voting.
Here are your candidates for the 5 Board Member positions...
Elections will be held Wednesday, February 8th and Thursday, February 9th

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Please Meet... Christy Thorman!


Hello, My name is Christy Thorman. Patrick and I will be married 17 years in March of this year we have three children and this is our 2nd year of Law School. We lived in Texas before coming here for Law School.
Something interesting about me,huh? Well, I am Missionary Kid from Argentina, I am fluent in Spanish and I love doing mission work.
Law Wives has been a blessing to us, they are one of the reasons we choose Regent. This past month Law Wives have really blessed my family. You have taken care of my husband and two youngest children while I have been in Texas with Davey.
Patrick and I helped with the move in ministry this summer and I have been involved with the weekly bible studies.
My favorite event this year was the Progressive Dinner. I think its my favorite event due to the fact I am able to get to know some of the newer law wives better and of course the food is always wonderful.
My vision for law wives: Titus 2 is something that really speaks to me. I want law wives to be a place where we as women can grow each other. We are doing a pretty good job, however I believe we can always improve. These 3 years of law school are trying and scary we need to make sure we are reaching all of our law wives and that we are being accountable with our spiritual lives. I would like to see a mentoring program started. Maybe a woman that has been married for a few years mentoring one of our newly weds. Or maybe one of our 2L and 3L's wives mentoring our new 1Ls.
God has allowed me to teach, to lead bible studies, to do mission work and to do social work. All theses areas have prepared be to take on a more leadership role.
I would love to be on the board to help others in a more intense way. I am ever so grateful to the law wives.

No comments: