Watch for the Election e-mail with instructions for voting.
Here are your candidates for the 5 Board Member positions...
Elections will be held Wednesday, February 8th and Thursday, February 9th

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Please Meet... Cate Smith!


Cate Smith (1L)
Husband: Jeremy
From: Northern Va/West Virginia

Married 20 months (2 years as of June 12, 2012!!!)
Children: One baby in heaven...hopefully one in my arms someday! 
Graduated with B.A. in Journalism from Patrick Henry College 
Senior Research Editor for www.smyrnaministries.org

Law Wives impacted my life even BEFORE we moved down here! When Kirsten Dalton found out my husband was applying to Regent, she emailed me a ton of helpful info and explained how blessed she had been by LW. When we came down to look at the area, she opened her home to us and she and her husband answered a ton of our questions. Her encouragement really helped me find peace with my husband's decision to start law school. 

I am thrilled to be part of Law Wives now, and I want to be on the board because I want the next wave of Law Wives to experience the same encouragement and hospitality that I have received. I love the weekly Bible Studies - the prayers and wisdom of my sisters in Christ has challenged my faith. I found the NightLight jewelry fundraiser to be another event that really touched a chord with me, and reminded me that energy and fervor flourish when our hearts are set on zealous service unto the LORD (Rom. 12:11).  I love it when women have the chance to get together and partner to accomplish things specifically to help others. As a member of the Board, I would seek out those ideas and passions of other Law Wives - give them a chance to voice their outreach goals, hear their input, and see if Law Wives can be part of the "good works that God has prepared in advance" for them to do (Ephesians 2:10). 

However, the area where I most want to serve Law Wives (whether or not I am on the Board) is in prayer. Jesus says, "And this is the confidence we have toward Him, that if we ask ANYTHING according to His will, He hears us" (1 John 5:14). If you're anything like me, you struggle to pray. Days go by and I drift from the anchor of God's promise to hear me. Yet when I persevere in prayer, deliverance and joy fill my heart....His comfort is beyond words! I want to foster a community of sisters that bears each other's burdens in prayer. I want my house to be a place where anyone can come and pray - anytime. When Jesus was overwhelmed, He sought the Father's face in prayer. Life gets overwhelming...a lot. But, "Though one can be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart" (Ecclesiastes 4:12). As a member of the Law Wives Board, I would seek to find ways we as a body can better 'defend' each other through prayer. 

I have expertise in: Analytical and technical writing, radio and web journalism, and print media graphics (brochure/poster/email design). I DO NOT have expertise in baking bread...but I'm trying :P

No comments: