Watch for the Election e-mail with instructions for voting.
Here are your candidates for the 5 Board Member positions...
Elections will be held Wednesday, February 8th and Thursday, February 9th

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Please Meet... Kayla Germann!

Hi friends! My name is Kayla Germann and my husband Phil is a 1L. We’re both country kids from Ohio and have been pumped to live in a beach town! We’ve been married nearly 4 years, all of which one of us has been in grad school, and we do not have kids. I spent the last three years obtaining a doctor of physical therapy degree, and now I am a physical therapist at a nursing home in Norfolk.  I tend to be introverted and like a very ordered, well-planned life; however, I have been known to break out of that routine—for example, before moving to VB, I went skydiving with my husband, dad, and brother!
Because I’m introverted, I am not always the quickest to make friends. Law Wives impacted my life almost as soon as moving to Virginia Beach by providing a large, built-in family of Christian friends to give me a support system. I actually made my first friends while walking into the Meet and Greet, and have depended on Law Wives since then to be my family away from home. Law Wives has also been a blessing through Bible studies, helping grow my relationship with Christ more so than I have experienced since college.
I have attended all major events hosted by Law Wives and never missed a week of Bible study; I have also attended “unofficial” Law Wives events, such as the NightLight jewelry party Anna organized, and spent a lot of time getting to know other wives and families more personally. I also recently became a Law Wives Ambassador, reaching out to potential incoming Law Wives. My favorite event so far has been the Meet and Greet, in part because that was my first introduction to the extent to which Law Wives strives to build a community, and it was my first opportunity to meet so many of the other law wives. I love thinking back on that night and realizing, “THAT was the girl who sat next to me!”
I see Law Wives as a lifeline to all wives involved—whether you work outside the home, stay home with children, do not have children, are a 1L or are a 3L. Basically, Law Wives exists to be a support group to any wives involved, as well as a way to teach us how to better support our husbands. We are a cohesive group of friends, family away from home, helping each other out, and growing together in Christ. I want Law Wives to continue helping law students and their wives find purpose and peace during this period in our lives, as well as to reach out into the community and help others by spreading the love of Christ and giving of ourselves.
I want to be a Board member because I am passionate about Law Wives and want to be intimately involved in blessing upcoming wives as I have been blessed in this first year of law school. I believe Law Wives has helped keep me afloat away from home, and I have a heart to assist other women in feeling the same. Prior to coming to Regent, my husband overlooked opportunities, such as the move-in ministry and the preview weekend, for me to learn about Law Wives; I would like to be part of brainstorming new and unique ways to reach out early to potential Law Wives to make the idea of moving here seem easier. I am organized and love to attend to details and make plans, so I believe I would be an asset to the Board. Through high school, college, and grad school, I have served in different aspects on boards and committees, from planning events to managing finances. I have a flexible work schedule and no children, so I have plenty of time to devote to working for the Law Wives Board. Thank you for reading and considering voting for me to be involved!

No comments: