Name: Ashley Cowgill
From: Salem, Oregon (3,010 miles from Virginia Beach) :)
Number of years married: 1 year, 8 months, 20 days, 23 hours and 20 minutes
Fun fact: Shaniqua is the name I use when I karaoke.
God has blessed me with an adventurous spirit so you better believe I was RUNNING around our house, jumping up and down, screaming when I got the news that God was sending us on a journey to Regent University...
One of my fondest memories in Law Wives to date is laying down at the top of Mt. Trashmore (only in VA would they make a 'dump' a city park and then name it Mt. Trashmore:)...) at the LW family picnic ready to 'tumble' head over heels down the hill with other wives... So many giggles and brain jiggles and that was the start of blossoming new friendships. Besides all the fun social activities I have LOVED the bible studies, experiencing life with other women and diving DEEP into God's word and soaking up His great love for us.
Law wives has allowed me to be me. I am an extravert (who knew) and God created me to be in fellowship with people... how AWESOME that he gave me such an INCREDIBLE gift through LW to continue to help mold me and shape me into who he created me to be.
My heart and my vision for LW next year is outreach ministry. Since we have been in Virginia Beach God has burdened my heart for the less fortunate. This is something that He continually does but it's been evident out here there is such a need. Two verses that come to mind, 'Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after the orphans and the widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.' James 1:27. And, 'Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.' Matthew 19:21. God has blessed us with a roof over our head and in a community of widows. I imagine LW gathering together next year to wash the feet of these women, love them, encourage them, and share the gospel with them. A lot of them eat TV dinners because to cook for only one person is hard and a lot of effort, we could make meals together and deliver them a home cooked me at least once a month. The homeless population down at the boardwalk can feel overwhelming. I imagine LW coming together to prepare some meals and to nourish souls physically and spiritually.
My experience in leadership positions in ministry through Young Life, my church, and volunteer ministries have prepared me for serving on the Law Wives board. I have a heart to serve and care for others. 'Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must become a servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave--just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.' Matthew 20:28.
Roses are red...
Violets are VIOLET...
Daffodils are yellow...
Lilies are white...
This poem doesn't rhyme...
But at least it's accurate...
Thanks for reading my FIRST blog post ever!
-In Him-
Ashley 'Shaniqua' Cowgill
No comments:
Post a Comment